Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Manistee River Trail / North Country Trail Loop in Michigan

Since blogging is a new thing for me I think I will start out slow and easy. I have a lot of ideas of what I want to do with this site but for now let’s just get started.
In June of this year my kids and I decided to hike the Manistee River Trail / North Country Trail Loop in Michigan for Fathers day…. Wow, I can not wait to do it again!
It was my son’s first backpacking trip so we decided to take slow and do as much of the trail as he was able, and leave the rest for another time. If you have never hike this trail I would highly recommend it. The scenery is breath taking, you have a decent amount of ascents and descents to get your heart pumping, and you will find several marked and maintained campsites along the trail as well as several stream and river crossings on sturdy fixed and suspension style bridges. I would also recommend that you remember your fishing pole. The water was so clear you watch the fish swimming along. It is definitely on my list of trails to hike again, and again, and again.

You can view the video at the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/v/Fr7JzYcO_0w?fs=1&hl=en_US

No comments:

Post a Comment